Dental implants have transformed tooth replacement, offering patients the option to restore natural aesthetics and function. Dr. Siddhi Patel is a restorative dentist in Hilliard, OH and places all types of dental implants to replace a single missing tooth or a full arch of lost teeth. Dental implants can offer significant benefits for your dental health and quality of life.
Dental implants are unique in that they replace not only the visible crown of the tooth but also the tooth root below the gum line for a new tooth that feels and functions like a natural tooth.
Am I a candidate for dental implants?
Dr. Patel works with patients on an individual basis to evaluate your dental health condition and take cosmetic goals into consideration when recommending tooth replacement treatment options. The many advancements in implant dentistry have made dental implants available to a wider range of patients, even those with compromised jaw bone. In cases where there is a significant loss of bone for supporting an implant, Dr. Patel may recommend a bone graft or sinus lift for a more stable end result.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Dental implants offer key benefits for the long term health and stability of your smile. Dr. Patel will explain the positive impact that implant dentistry can have on your daily quality of life during your consultation. The important benefits of implants include:
- Stabilizes bone in the jaw: when a tooth is lost the tooth root is also lost, leading to diminished bone in the jaw around the missing tooth. This also maintains the natural structure and appearance of your jaw and lower chin.
- Restores normal chewing function: the permanent stability of an implant allows you to bite and chew foods normally, also stimulating healthy bone growth.
- Enables confident speech: secured in the jaw, your implant or implant-supported denture or bridge gives you back the ability to speak clearly and confidently. No more slipping dentures.
How long is the dental implant process?
The total treatment time will vary from patient to patient and is dependent upon:
- Oral health condition: if pre-implant procedures are needed to address bone loss this will lengthen the total treatment time but provide an optimal outcome.
- Number or type of implants being placed: placing a single implant vs an implant-supported denture will vary treatment time.
What is All On Four?
“All On Four” has become the catch-phrase for what are known as immediate load implants. Dr. Patel will work with a local oral surgeon as part of comprehensive treatment planning, the key to the successful one-day placement of a hybrid, implant-supported denture. Using as few as four strategically placed dental implants, your new custom smile will be secured the same day your implants are placed in the jaw bone. In most cases, this is a temporary denture that will be replaced several months down the road after the gums have adjusted to the new appliance and a second set of impressions are taken.
Schedule An Implant Consultation
Do you have one or more missing teeth? Ready to learn more about the benefits of dental implants?
Contact Dr. Patal at Park Dental at 614.254.5116 to schedule a consultation and discuss your needs or receive a second opinion. Our Hilliard dentist office welcomes new patients and is equipped to meet your oral health needs in a caring, compassionate environment.