When you need to replace multiple teeth, our dentist will discuss the different options available with you before providing any treatment. We will also discuss your individual needs and your cosmetic goals with you to determine which type of restoration is right for you. Call Park Dental today at 614-405-7275 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Siddhi Patel and find out more about dental implants and dentures in Hilliard, Ohio.
Multiple missing teeth may be replaced with an implant-supported denture, which is a type of denture anchored by two to eight dental implants. Implants offer many benefits to your oral and overall health, your quality of life and your appearance, including:
- Greater stability — implants will not slip or shift in your mouth
- No bone deterioration due to missing tooth roots
- A completely natural appearance following treatment
- Improved chewing function and little or no restrictions on what you can eat
- A treatment with a high success rate
- Great comfort overall since your implants feel like natural teeth
- A result that can last a lifetime.
When considering an implant-supported denture or other implant treatment, you should also take into account that the process for receiving implants is more expensive and will take longer. On average, it takes five to eight months to complete an implant treatment.
Dentures have helped countless individuals enjoy more normal and healthier quality of life after losing teeth. They cost significantly less than dental implants and can be designed and fitted to complete your treatment in about three to six weeks. However, there are not as many benefits to dentures as there are to implants. A few things to consider before choosing dentures include:
- Dentures tend to be bulkier and may be a little uncomfortable to wear at times
- Your dentures may require an adhesive to stay in place
- You will need to learn how to take care of your appliance to keep it in good condition
- Dentures are known to slip and move in the mouth, and they may make speaking and eating more difficult
- They only replace the crowns of the teeth, not the roots
- Dentures require regular maintenance and will need to be replaced periodically
We will thoroughly evaluate your teeth, gums, supporting bone structure and overall oral health before reviewing your options with you and creating a treatment plan. Give us a call today to find out more and make your appointment!